Free School Meals during school closure
Free School Meals (FSM) 13th April 2020 Update
Sithney School will be making the following meal provision for those pupils entitled to Free School Meal during the Covid-19 closure period.
- If a pupil is coming in to school - a meal will be provided in the normal way.
- If a pupil is staying at home - a £15 food voucher will be provided every week during the closure period. The £15 is for a single pupil, so for example if you have three pupils at the school you will receive £45 each week.
- Due to an announcement made in early April, FSM vouchers will now also be made available for the Easter break. At the moment there is no guidance about future holidays for example the May half term, but when the school receives information about this holiday the school will alter the FSM vouchers allocation as required.
- From the week commencing the 30th March 2020 vouchers will no longer come to you via Tesco, but via the Governments new FSM scheme which is managed by Edenred.
- Once the school has set up your account with Edenred. Edenred will send you details about how the vouchers can be used and how you are now able to select from a number of supermarkets not just Tesco.
- The voucher can still be received in two formats - as an e-voucher or a gift card. If you do not receive your voucher please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your child’s name and the school they attend and we will get back to you.
- Vouchers will be issued on a Wednesday so please do not chase the current weeks FSM voucher until at the earliest Thursday and ideally Friday to ensure the system has had time to email you the voucher.
- Vouchers can be used in store or on-line if you are getting your shopping delivered to home.
- Due to change of provider from Tesco to Edenred and also the change in rules around provision of vouchers over the Easter break period there has been a delay in getting the vouchers out to you for the last two week. Please be assured that any payments owed will be paid in arrears, in full when the next set of vouchers are allocated.
- The school hopes to allocate the next round of vouchers including the two weeks of arrears payments to cover the Eater break, during the week commencing the 13th April 2020.
- Please note the voucher scheme remains for Free School Meals pupils only and not Universal Free School meals pupils, again if the Government guidance changes the school will alter the voucher provision to fit the new guidance.
The Department for Education has been informed that some parents in England that they have received an email stating:
‘As schools will be closing, if you're entitled to free school meals, please send your bank details and we'll make sure you're supported’.
This is a scam email, do not respond and delete it immediately. The school will never request your bank details.
Due to a Change in Circumstances you Need to Register for Free School Meals.
During this period we suspect due to changes in peoples financial situation more people than usual will become entitled to Free School Meals. If this applies to you, please follow this link www.cornwall.gov.uk/schoolmeals to apply for Free School Meals.
Cornwall Council have confirmed that this service will continue to operate during the Covid-19 closedown.
Please keep an eye on the school website for further updates.