Ms Kim Whaley School Cook
Example Menu - (Current menus are on each newsletter)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT FREE SCHOOL MEALS
From September 2014 all children who are in reception, year 1 or year 2 will be offered a free healthy school lunch, without the need to register, or fill in any forms. This is the new Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme.
As happens at the moment, children in OTHER school years will be offered a free school lunch, if their parent is receiving any of the eligible welfare benefits, and parents will need to register for this.
Registering for free meals, even though your child is in Reception, year 1 or year 2 and already receiving a free UIFSM meal, could raise an extra £1,300 for our school, to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities. This additional money called PUPIL PREMIUM is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the welfare benefits listed below.
It is therefore important to sign up for free school meals, even if your child is in reception, year 1 or year 2, so that the school receives as much funding as possible.
The eligible benefits are:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit.